FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. WHAT IF I WANT TO GO TO SATURDAY CLASSES & STAY FOR DINNER, OPEN MIC & EVENING JAMS?
This only applies to the Fall Gathering in November. You may want to consider registering instead for the PARTICIPANT-LED PROGRAM, as a full-time Com-MOO-ter (or stay with us). If you elect this option you may take one or two Performer Workshops on Saturday ($25 each) and stay for dinner and evening activities (Open Mic and jamming). If you register in the Participant-Led Program you are also welcome, but not required, to join us on Friday and Sunday, including all meals and activities.
2. WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
Suggested things to bring include: Sleeping bag, pillow, towel, flashlight, coat, hat & boots or stout shoes suitable for tramping through rain, snow or mud. If you don’t have a sleeping bag or forgot to bring bedding, you can rent bedding from the camp for a $15 fee. Of course, don’t forget your instrument(s) of choice. A copy of Rise Up Singing or Rise Again is also recommended.
3. HOW DO I STAY INFORMED ABOUT ADDITIONS OR CHANGES TO THE PROGRAM?
Great question! Please check out this MOO WEBSITE! Bookmark www.MooMusic.org You will find the latest information about the Gathering, as well as additional copies of all forms, maps, pictures from past Gatherings and links to our musical friends. You can also continue to find information on our Facebook Page: Make Our Own Music Gathering - MOO.
4. CAN I GET IN TOUCH WITH OTHER PARTCIPANTS WITH QUESTIONS BEFORE I COME?
Absolutely! Join our Facebook Group: Make Our Own Music Gathering (MOO). Contact Joe Boxhorn:
to see about joining. These are great ways to find a ride or discuss songs /tunes you’d like to hear at the Gathering.
5. WHERE DO I STAY?
Glad you asked!
• Choose a Housing Option for the Gathering and sign up on the Registration Form
Prices are listed on the Registration Form
Shared Sleeping Lodge and Room Option: 4 per Room (two bunk beds), or 2 per Room (see descriptions below). All costs listed on the registration form include the Friday evening thru Sunday morning (participant-led) program - including Saturday Featured Performer Concerts (Fall Gathering only)- meals, and a room for 2 nights. Each lodge has 8-9 bedrooms, a small kitchen and a “Common” area for jams and some classes, or lounging. Each bedroom features two sturdy bunk beds, a built-in dresser with mirror and a closet area. Each bedroom shares a single private bathroom with another bedroom (sink, toilet, tub/shower. The lodges are about 75 yards apart and a 5-7 minute walk to the Main Lodge (Mickelwright) for meals, concert and optional Performer-Led classes. Parking is available at the two lodges.
• RUNGE LODGE is the headquarters Lodge for the Gathering. This is where you will check in, and is home for the Saturday Open Mic and Friday/Saturday night (all-night) jams and Silent Auction.
• HOFFER LODGE is a quiet space after 10:00 PM.
VIP ROOM- Hoffer Lodge: The private VIP Room is located near the entrance to Hoffer Lodge. It has two single (twin) beds and is the only room in Hoffer that does not share a bathroom. There is only one VIP Room.
COM-MOO-TER OPTION FOR FULL WEEKEND PROGRAM: Cost is listed on the registration form and includes the entire Friday-Sunday Program and all meals. No bed.
• Local Motels
There are two motels in East Troy. We make no recommendations, but provide the information for those who might desire
more private accommodations.
- Country Inn & Suites: 2921 O’Leary Lane (262) 642-2100
- Pickwick Inn Bed & Breakfast: 2966 Union Street (262) 642-5529
6. WHERE DO I GO WHEN I ARRIVE?
• Arrival & Check-In
• PARTICIPANT-LED (Full Weekend) PROGRAM – Check-In at RUNGE LODGE (see attached Camp Layout)
7. WHAT ARE THE BAZAAR AND SILENT AUCTION?
• The Silent Auction is an opportunity for you to donate and bid on items of interest for auction to help support the
Gathering. It will run from Friday evening until approximately 9:00 PM Saturday in Runge Lodge. The auction items do not necessarily need to be music related, but it helps.
• The Bazaar is where you can sell your own merchandise (CDs, instruments, artwork, etc). All proceeds are yours (though any portion you wish to share with the Gathering is certainly appreciated). Located upstairs on the balcony at RUNGE from 3:30-5:15 PM on Saturday.
8. WHAT IF I HAVE TO CANCEL MY REGISTRATION?
• We understand that plans can change and you might need to cancel your reservation and will do our best to accommodate your particular circumstances.
• Our standard policy is to return your registration fees, minus a cancellation fee of $30 if notice of cancellation is
received prior to the Gathering.
• Please contact the registrar as soon as possible regarding your change of plans:
• phone: 414-916-7004
9. WHAT IS THE KATHIE SMITH-ZAREMBA SCHOLARSHIP?
This Scholarship Fund was established in memory of Kathie Smith-Zaremba, a long-time supporter of the Gatherings, to promote acoustic music by providing assistance to people who would not otherwise be able to afford to attend the Gathering. Acceptance criteria focus on, but are not limited to, first-time attendees, younger people, fixed-income, and other deserving candidates.
The KS-Z Scholarship covers up to $155 in expenses toward attending the Gathering. This is the cost-equivalent of a weekend-overnight registration with a shared four-person room. Application forms are available on the MOO website, or can be requested by email:
Application deadline is three (3) weeks before the Gathering (same as the Postmark Deadline for registration).
10. HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE GATHERING IF I AM APPLYING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
Fill out the registration form, whether on-line or hard copy, and check the box to let us know you are applying for the scholarship. If your attendance at the Gathering is contingent upon receiving the scholarship, please let us know that when you submit your scholarship application.
If the registration deadline is near, it is best to go ahead and submit your registration for the Gathering AND the scholarship application at the same time. You can withhold sending payment until we notify you about whether you are receiving the scholarship.
11. CAN MOO ACCOMMODATE MY DIETARY RESTRICTIONS?
We are able to accommodate some Gluten free requests, and always provide a hot vegetarian option if requested. Camp Edwards is a nut-free kitchen. Just let us know using the Special Meals section of the registration form and we will do our best to work with the camp food service to accommodate your needs. Please note that it is not always possible to meet multiple dietary restrictions with any given meal, so you may want to have your own back-up plan. Both Runge and Hoffer Lodges have small kitchens where you can prepare your own special meal if necessary.
12. HOW DO I GET ONE OF THOSE STYLISH MOO T-SHIRTS?
Just check the boxes on the registration form corresponding to the size and quantity you would like to order, and include payment with your registration. Orders placed before the Postmark Deadline will be available at the Gathering. Orders placed late may be delayed until there is a sufficient quantity to have a special run, or may be carried-over for delivery at the next Gathering.